ABOUT THE TRAINING
A sophisticated education program …
Starting October 2018 join renowned yogi Kent Bond, Kim Byrd, Alyssa Prettyman and Catherine Killion at Willow Glen Yoga for a 200-hour teacher training immersion designed to take you to the next level in your practice and set you on the path to teaching sophisticated, accessible yoga. Willow Glen Yoga has been a mainstay in the San Jose yoga community for over 22 years and lead trainer, Acharya Kent Bond, has been leading trainings at some of the most respected yoga studios and retreat centers for over two decades. Seeing the authentic passion and cutting-edge insights Kent brings into his drop in classes is beyond inspiring for me as a teacher. The opportunity to join Kent at his home studio alongside Catherine and Kim is beyond the beyond – there just aren’t words.
With over 60 years of combined experience, these core instructors bring a wide range of specialties and mentorship abilities for those who want to dive deeper into any given subject matter. From a physical perspective, the training is designed to focus on form and alignment-based yoga techniques alongside cutting-edge movement mechanics and postural variations. Learn how to read and work with all body types, compose targeted sequences and artfully weave in the mindfulness and storytelling techniques that make this practice so impactful. Think of it as old-school wisdom with new-school insights.
Lastly, know that this team is also dedicated to bringing humor and joy and passion into the exploration of yoga! We don’t want to force you into a single-minded cookie cutter yoga format! We want to help shape your unique skills, history, and voice – teaching you how to translate them into an impactful yoga experience. Whether you are interested in simply deepening your practice or want to become a certified instructor, this training is dedicated to providing you the tools to live with more freedom physically and mentally and – should you choose – to continue to deliver that freedom into a world of people who so deeply need it.
The dates for the training are:
- Week 1 (Oct 19-21): Opening Orientation / How to open a yoga class * breath/movement/awakening – All four lead teachers
- Week 2 (Nov 16-18): Lower ½ & Pranayama – Kim & Catherine
- Week 3 (Dec 14-16): Upper ½ & Chanting – Alyssa
- Week 4 (Jan 25-27): Advanced Postures & Bandhas – Kent
- Week 5 (Feb 8-10): Business, Ethics, Sequencing & Chakras – All four lead teachers
- Week 6 (Mar 8-10): Restorative & Yin – Kim & Catherine
- Week 7 (Apr 5-7): Anatomy & Physiology | Pain & Injury | East vs. West – Kent
- Week 8 (May 3-5): Philosophy & History of Yoga – Catherine & Kim
- Week 9 (May 31-2): Functional Movement – Alyssa
- Week 10 (Jun 26-30): Into the world as a teach / observing/charity class / final – All four lead teachers
INFORMATIONAL MEET UPS:
Interested in learning more about this 200hr training? Have questions? Join us for one of two informational sessions!
SUNDAY 9/9 @ 10:30am or
MONDAY 9/17 @ 4:30pm
Location: Willow Glen Yoga
1188 Lincoln Ave, San Jose
If you can’t make either of the meetups and want to schedule a private consultation / Q&A session please click here to email us to set up a time to chat!
If you have questions please don’t hesitate to email us! Application and payment information to come!